At MsTidyOwl we take the security and use of your personal information very seriously.
Please take a couple of minutes to read through this policy so that you are aware of exactly how and why we collect, store and process your information.
Please contact Nicola Laurie of 242 Malden Road, Cheam, SM3 8EN at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or queries relating to this policy or any other aspect of data protection.
Our Legal Basis
- Our legal basis for processing and holding information for those that are not current clients of MsTidyOwl is consent.
- We will only hold names and email addresses of those individuals who have consented to have specific marketing information sent to them. Once you opt in to receiving this information you will be able to unsubscribe at any time and your information will be kept on an unsubscribers list (to ensure we don’t contact you again) for 6 months after which time it will be deleted.
- Your consent to continue to receive this information will be re-established every 12 months.
- If you are a current client of MsTidyOwl we will hold contact details for you in order to communicate with you effectively and for legitimate and necessary business reasons.
- Any payments made to us will be paid via our invoicing system. We do not hold any bank or credit card details.
- We will continue to hold details on the work we have completed with you for 6 years after the date we stopped actively working with you.
Where do we get your information from?
- If we are sending you marketing information it is because you gave us your details and opted in to receive them.
- Any details we hold on current and previous clients will be information that you have provided to us in order to facilitate an efficient and successful working relationship.
Where is your information stored?
- If you subscribe to our monthly newsletter your details will be stored in a cloud based system that is encrypted and secure.
- While this system holds its servers outside of the EU please be assured that the information is secure, encrypted and the system is part of the Privacy Shield Framework that makes it compliant with EU regulations.
- Client information is stored securely on a database held on our internal systems.
How long will we hold your information?
- For marketing purposes your information will be stored until you unsubscribe from our mailing list.
- Your consent to receive this information will be reviewed annually.
- Client information will be stored for 6 years following the completion of our work together
Sharing your information
- Your information will not be shared with anyone outside of MsTidyOwl unless required to do so by law.
The information we hold on you belongs to you and you have the right to the following:
- To see what information we hold
- To have a copy of that information in an easily readable format
- To amend any of that information
- To restrict how we use your information.
- To have your information deleted from our systems (as long as we don’t need to hold it for insurance or legal purposes)
You also have the right to know exactly how we collect this information, how it’s stored, how long we will keep it for and whether we use automated decision making or profiling.
If you would like to exercise any of the rights above then please contact us at email@example.com.
Also, if you are unhappy with any aspect of how your information has been used then please contact us on the address above. If you don’t feel as though your complaint has been dealt with satisfactorily then you have the right to make a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Please be aware that it may be necessary to hold some specific personal details on you in order to facilitate a functional working relationship. If you do not wish us to hold any details on you then we will not be able to work with you.
These are the specific cookies used on our website (https://www.tidyowl.co.uk):
|Name of Cookie||First/Third Party||Provider||Purpose|
|__cfduid||Third party||addtoany||Used by the content network, Cloudflare, to identify trusted web traffic.|
|_ga||First Party||tidyowl.co.uk||Used to distinguish users|
|_gid||First Party||tidyowl.co.uk||Used to distinguish users|
|_gat||First Party||tidyowl.co.uk||Used by Google Analytics to throttle request rate|
In addition to the controls that we provide, you can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all cookies or only third party Cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. You can obtain up-to-date information about blocking and deleting cookies via these links:
- https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en (Chrome);
- https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences (Firefox);
- http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/cookies/ (Opera);
- https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies (Internet Explorer);
- https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411 (Safari); and
- https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy (Edge).